The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Wednesday, August 17

Finally, Common Sense Prevails.

Diddy Drops the P.

The rap mogul last switched it up--from Puff Daddy to P. Diddy--in 2001, while seeking a "fresh start" after being acquitted on gun charges.

As for what brought about the latest change in moniker, the entertainer admitted that his previous name change left his fans uncertain of how to address him. "I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said.

"During concerts, half the crowd is saying 'P. Diddy'--half the crowd is chanting 'Diddy'--now everybody can just chant 'Diddy.' "

I just . . . I mean . . . What can I say? The “P” was getting between him and his fans. It’s so obvious. I bet he’s embarrassed he ever used the “P” in the first place. What was he thinking? Nevermind the fact that his first name was “P” and his last name sounded like “Doody.” Pee Doody? You’d have to be a real asshole to keep the “P.” I mean a reeeeal asshole.

7 Comments:

Mo names, mo problems.

By Blogger T.G., at 11:59 AM  

I cannot believe he thought it was national news.. this silly name change. I mean.. really.. who cares? Is it going to change our lives if he drops the P.?

By Blogger Titanium, at 8:10 PM  

i'd like to announce that i'm going to give the dropped p a god home
you can now call my "the p boy"

By Blogger Student City, at 4:16 AM  

Fantastic idea. As part of the program, I will adopt the long discarded "puff" and be known as "puff the belligerent intellectual."

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 10:16 AM  

you really wouldn't want to be known as puffy.

By Blogger Kate, at 6:11 PM  

T.G. should not have her own blog. No matter what Mama says.

By Blogger [Disgrundled], at 2:09 PM  

the disgrundled, I WILL KILL YOU.

And why isn't your name "the aristocat"?

By Blogger T.G., at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home