The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Thursday, August 25

Pigeons Can Be Revolutionaries Too

I just booked a service appointment with Time Warner for my cable modem. Those of you who know of my previous exploits with Time Warner will understand the mental and emotional implications of having to deal with them once again. I waited as long as I could, but it’s to the point where I have to reset my cable modem every day and, sometimes, unplug and replug several TV cables into the modem just to get the thing to work; nevermind the fact that they did a bit of a shoddy job in capping off the cable last time. They seem to have left some wire exposed, so every time I touch it I get a mild to moderate shock – which can’t be good.

So next Wednesday between 6:00 and 9:00 I’ll be getting rip roaring drunk waiting for the cable guy to show up. This time I’ll see if I can get him to pose.

In other news, I really need to start carrying my camera with me at all times. Today on my way home from work, I saw one of the most bizarre New York scenes in the six years I’ve been living here (seven if you count Brooklyn, but no one counts Brooklyn).

Walking down my street I noticed traffic was backed up quite a bit. I looked down the block and didn’t see any double parked cars or large delivery trucks. Finally, I get to the head of the line of cars and see two pigeons in the middle of the road. One is lying on its side, apparently dead, and the other standing in front of the one lying on the ground holding off traffic! The car at the head of the line was inching forward, trying to force the bird to move, but it wouldn’t budge. It was like Tiananmen Square. I was utterly riveted – until the pigeon on the ground stood up, shook off and walked away with the other one following him. I guess he was just taking a nap or looking for a contact lens. Not as dramatic as hoped, but still a great spectacle. I’m sorry I didn’t have a camera to capture it. my guilt has compelled me to try to recreate the moment for you.. I did my best with what I had:



You get the idea. It was awesome.

1 Comments:

I think you should throw a party next Wednesday from 6pm and 9pm.

Can you imagine 10 people in your apartment hammered when the Time Warner guy shows up?

I'll send out the evite.

By Blogger tall 1, at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home