The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Monday, September 12

Further Proof That The NY Times Uses Big Words

There have been groups of people outside the Wall St. subway station giving away copies of the NY Times as some sort of promotion. I’ve never seen so many New Yorkers turn down something free.

Everyone initially reaches for it, and then it’s almost as though you can see them think, “If I take this, do I have to read it? Do I really want to carry it into my office only to have it take up three-quarters of the trash bin at my desk?”

Now, if it was a NY Post . . . you just try to turn down a NY Post. It’s like news crack.

5 Comments:

The only reason I carry around the Sunday NY Times is the workout it gives me.

It's like carrying around a small child on your back all day long.

By Blogger tall 1, at 11:06 AM  

Ahhh, the Times... I used to subscribe until one day I got a Literary Supplement devoted entirely to books written in French. I realized then I was in WAY over my head (and not too proud to admit it)...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 PM  

And the ink gets all over your hands. That's why I get all my daily news from online sources like your blog.

By Blogger Neil, at 1:34 PM  

Someone tell that tall guy to shut up.

By Blogger [Disgrundled], at 2:14 PM  

Hey tall guy....shut up.

By Blogger [Disgrundled], at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home