The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Wednesday, September 28

What It Means To Be Queens Boulevard

Had an awfully thrilling day today getting work done at the Queensborough Department of Housing, which is located about 200 miles out of the city on Queens Boulevard – the supposed birthplace of Vincent Chase and his “Entourage” posse. And let me tell you: when he delivers that last line in his indie movie Queens Boulevard with such bravado (“I am Queens Boulevard”), well that’s nothing to brag about.

I think he should have drawn out the scene a little more. Made it a more eloquent and descriptive metaphor:

I am “FedEx Kinkos.”
I am “dangerous highway intersections.”*
I am “Eric Comfort Shoes.”
I am “Computer Training.”
I am “Lorento Pizza.”
I am “Hardware.”
I am “Burger King.”
I am “Fruit and Vegetable.”
I am “Glatt Kosher.”

I AM Queens Boulevard.

And for further clarification:

This is not Queens Boulevard.








And people do not do this on Queens Boulevard.








And women on Queens Boulevard do not look like this.








They look more like this.

















(If you don’t watch ‘Entourage” this post means nothing to you; unless you watch “Everybody Loves Raymond,” in which case it means very little; which is not much less than what all my other posts mean to you.)


­­­­­­­­­­­___________________________
* I wasn’t kidding.


5 Comments:

so i was born in manhattan, lived in queens until i was 5, then moved south. my dad isn't a huge tv watcher (can't count MSNBC or CNN), but my brother got him hooked on Entourage and Rome. I was home last weekend and we were talking about being certain things, and out of NOWHERE my dad yelps, "I AM QUEENS BOULEVARD". I'm not sure when I've laughed harder...

By Blogger VespaRosso, at 9:32 AM  

Atleast our roadways are tough

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050928/ap_on_fe_st/oy_vey_sign;_ylt=ApWPiHEUBMLpv52qBBcPFzgDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 AM  

My favorite is "Believe the Hype." What hype? That it's scary, dangerous and smells bad? That it's home to some of the world's largest rodents this side of "The Princess Bride?" That they play good basketball?

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 12:15 PM  

I like what you've done with the pictures here.

By Blogger citizen, at 12:55 PM  

you're so douchie

By Anonymous TP, at 8:14 PM  

Good show... although Jeremy Piven is the one that makes it funny.

By Blogger Mojotek, at 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home