The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Thursday, October 27

A Brief Tirade Concerning My Job

I remember a time when I liked my job. When I was young and I aimed the stapler to a perfect 45 degrees at the corner of the page. I felt bad using the copy machine for personal jobs and I used the same pen until it ran out, instead of now how I use the same pen until I drop it on the floor, then throw it away and get a new one.

Somewhere down the line I lost that.

Now all I can do is whisper an audible “WHAT THE FUCK?” every time TMJM (“The Most Jewish Man”) walks past my desk and, without stopping or looking at me, says something like, “They said party cloudy and I didn’t bring my sunglasses,” with the word “sunglasses” trailing out as he turns into his office.

Let’s just say that if farting out in the open at your office is an indication that you don’t like where you work, I think I need a new job.

7 Comments:

The worst is when people in the office don't even say hello and then you run in to them later on, alone, in the hall and they say "Traffic Jam!" and try to joke around with you like you're friends. Sadly that happend to me.

By Blogger The Voice of Frivolity, at 12:29 PM  

Maybe if you asked for a new stapler, maybe one of those fancy electric ones, you might get renewed interest in your job. Or maybe not.

By Blogger Neil, at 12:30 PM  

Actually, I've tried buying myself various office supplies, operating under the same notion that "new things make life better" (TV's, clothes, pets, etc.); but not unsurprisingly, it doesn't work the same with office supplies. Although for a solid half an hour I was IN LOVE with my new desk organizer.

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 12:38 PM  

Let's hope MTFG doesn't read blogs. You're not moving home.

By Blogger belligerent mother, at 12:40 PM  

And if anyone ever said, "Traffic jam!" to me in the hallway, I would probably snap and stab them in the neck with the key to the men's room.

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 12:41 PM  

Are you kidding me? I work in an office of 500, if I have to say to one more god damned person or pretend I care how they are doing, I might jump off the roof. Be glad you don't work with oler women who constantly monitor your weight to see if you are eating too much or not enough. HA.

By Blogger Betty, at 12:57 PM  

If I comment on my loathing of my job your blog will explode. Let's just say if Hell had an office, I would be answering the IT support phones in that office in Hell.

By Blogger de Kooning's Spleen, at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home