The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Thursday, October 27

Peeing Ruins All The Feeling

I found a situation where my Snow Patrol Hypothesis doesn’t apply:

I was at the gym the other day and suddenly had to go to the bathroom, which struck me as strange, taking a piss in the middle of a really manly workout. But I decide that this is a rare opportunity to test my “Run” theory out at the urinal. So there I am, in the men’s locker room listening to my iPod (I’m telling you, this felt weird) and as the chorus starts up I’m mid-stream. I try to do the whole “look down forlornly, then look up slowly and sternly” thing that really makes the song hit home . . . and it just didn’t work. I didn’t feel special or intense, nor did I feel as though I were in a television drama. The only thing I felt was relieved. But that probably came from the peeing.

So there you have it – I was wrong about something. Mark it on your calendars:

October 27, 2005: Dan uses up his “wrong once a year” card.

Now I’m left wondering: Is their ANY song that can overcome the Bathroom Whammy? A song where you can contemplate the intensity of a vocalist’s emotion or the genius of a chord progression even whilst pooping? Stevie Wonder, “Overjoyed” perhaps?

12 Comments:

*looking at b.i. strangely, head titled to the right*

Yeaah uh I'll be back when your not discussing your bodily functions.

-r.a. =/

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

I feel sorry for the Girlfriend that you only have one of these cards.

By Blogger Betty, at 3:22 PM  

Ok, so... is "anonymous" (with the little smiley faces) the same one person posting all the time or a bunch of people who find it funny to post as anonymous and include annoying computer faces? Because anonymous (with the little smiley faces) is really ruining your blog.

By Blogger Libby Mae Brown, at 3:29 PM  

I don't have anything that will help with that, but I do think that Snow Patrol's Ways& Means is one of those songs that works in a lot of different situations as well--when you're not in a "Run" kind of mood.

By Blogger Momentary Academic, at 3:29 PM  

Stop being jealous that someone has a crush on me, albeit one devoid of any interest in my bathroom habits. I deserve happiness too.

And Betty, how much did The Girlfriend pay you to post that? I want your paypal records.

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 3:40 PM  

You know, of everyone I know in NY or elsewhere, I think you're the only one who'd actually do that... or at least admit to it. *sigh*
~JK

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 PM  

well maybe if you noticed something decidedly wrong during bathroom duties, "Run" might still be appropriate!

By Blogger Sub Girl, at 4:40 PM  

come on, guys. "bathroom duties"?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

come on, guys. "bathroom duties"?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

Hands down that comment wins the award for "Most Covert Attempt At Potty Humor."

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 4:56 PM  

CRAAAPP i just created a new running joke.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:56 PM  

pardon the "crap" pun, please.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home