The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Thursday, October 27

While We’re On The Topic . . .

The three most interesting things that have happened to me at work in the past month:

1. Eyeballed a 70 page document and in one cut broke it into two 35 page sections. This is the most satisfying thing I’ve done in months.

2. I was getting phone calls from a recording telling me that I had won a vacation through some mysterious contest I never entered. Usually I would just hang up as soon as I heard the recorded voice say, ““Hi, this is Kate . . .” Finally, after the sixth call in an hour, I snapped and screamed into the phone, “LEAVE ME ALONE, KATE!” My boss overheard and asked who that was and before I thought about it I said, “Just a recording.” I can’t even imagine what my bosses say about me behind me back at this point.

3. I was drafting a letter to an attorney whose last name is “Crummey.” When my boss and I would talk about it, we would refer to it as “the Crummey letter.” I don’t think he found it nearly as funny as I did.

2 Comments:

That cutting of the document into two equal sections by just looking sounds a lot like what happened to Travolta in Phenomenon.

Have you been near any meteorites lately?

By Blogger Paul, at 1:12 PM  

The Crummey letter is the funniest thing that I've heard all day. Thank you. Really. Thank you.

By Blogger Momentary Academic, at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home