The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Wednesday, December 21

My New Office, Up Close and Personal



DVD copy of First Daughter starring Katie Holmes. I won it from a grab bag at a Christmas party this past weekend. OK, I actually won Alias, the paperback novel based on the hit TV show. But I traded with someone. If there is an upside in that trade, I think I got it.















This is not a real mouse.









Nor is this.














Yes, the lamp is from the Pottery Barn. But it’s OK because . . .

























. . . I read Sports Illustrated.

























Not my real family. They just seemed so happy I couldn’t replace them.















Classic picture, taken at a drunkfest college party. Reminds me of a time when “telecommuting” was just a word grown-ups threw around to sound important.























NY Times crossword puzzle calendar – a present from The girlfriend last Christmas. It’s her loving way of saying, “If I’m making a long term commitment here, you had better not get dumb.” I typically use them to jot down notes or blog post ideas like, “Write one about large girls at the gym being so flexible. What’s up with that?!”

9 Comments:

i like your lamp.
you're very tidy for a boy ;)

By Blogger Kate, at 8:57 PM  

agree with kate...fairly fancy and warm for a boy.

By Blogger VespaRosso, at 10:27 AM  

Are "big" girls at the gym really flexible? And Pottery barn is very manly. No need to make excuses for the lamp. :-)

By Blogger Audrey, at 11:12 AM  

Wow, it's like a virtual tour, only far less interesting. Some nudity would really spice things up a bit (not from you, though, female nudity only).

By Blogger Dirk the Feeble, at 11:26 AM  

Lovely. I think you should embrace your inner pottery barn.

You didn't explain the paper plate...

By Blogger undercover celebrity, at 11:45 AM  

The paper plate has been there since Monday. I finally removed it today in a fit of cleansing stir-craziness. It once held a peanut butter sandwich. Just peanut butter, as I soon found out I had no jelly. Goddamn trnasit strike, preventing me from getting my jelly.

Sorry I couldn't include the hooker, er . . . prostitute, in the picture. The Girlfriend thought I was "working" yesterday.

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 12:34 PM  

Hard call on the trade, man, hard call on the trade.

Given the presence of the towel next to the desk, I'm intrigued by what you were wearing (if anything) when you took this picture.

By Blogger RetroDragon, at 2:23 PM  

So this is where all the magic happens?

By Blogger Bev, at 4:34 PM  

A computer, a desk organizer and a table lamp pretty much sums up the contents of my home office. Your Pottery Barn desk lamp actually goes well with the color of your table. I hope you still find time to enjoy the wonderful Florida outdoors despite your busy schedule. :)

By Anonymous Blake Mitchell, at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home