The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Tuesday, December 20

Snow Transit Strike Day


I stayed up until 1:00AM last night waiting for news on whether or not there would be public transportation this morning. No word by then, so I went to bed and had a dream about being in War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise. Weird.

Woke up at 6:30, turned on the TV and saw on the bottom of screen “Transit Strike is on.” Went right back to bed and woke up at 11:30.

Now I’m going to put on my snow suit and go sledding make a cup of coffee and see what’s on HBO. Thank you, Transit Workers Union. Thank you Small Law Firm With Partners Who Live In Westchester. And thank you, guy with head sticking out of the train in all the news stories. I know you had something to do with this. I just know it.

8 Comments:

What a coincidence I was watching war of the worlds at 1 am last night. I came into work even after I was told to stay home to show my dedication for the work that I don't have to do right now. I think I should probably go home.

By Blogger Betty, at 12:19 PM  

Gettin high on the couch in my PJs watchin ESPN and the Game Show Network all day? Um, thanks to you incomparably incompetent Roger Toussaint and the rest of the TWU Local 100.

Strike as loooong as you want, folks.

By Blogger Ace Cowboy, at 12:28 PM  

Does this mean you get to play hookie from work??? Darn it.. wish we HAD public transportation here in LA... all we have is bloody awful traffic. :-( Enjoy the day off.

By Blogger Audrey, at 12:45 PM  

I wondered what the ratio of "faux snow day" to "incredibly screwed" would be in NYC today...

By Blogger Megarita, at 12:46 PM  

I'd say it's somewhere around 1 to 250,000. But the point is I have the day off . . .

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 1:02 PM  

In the words of James: BLOW ME.

I had a nightmare of a commute and the only thing I have to look forward to is the same thing in reverse tonight.

And then I get to do it again tomorrow.

Two words: extra presents.

By Blogger T.G., at 1:08 PM  

I don't get paid unless I go to work. And I really can't spend the cab fare. So....

e. 70s to times square in 30 degrees = good times/numb extremities


I hate temping.

By Blogger MonkeyPants, at 3:23 PM  

telecommuting is the SHIT!!

By Blogger Angelina, at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home