The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Tuesday, December 20

Transit Strike Cripples City: Millions Of People Affected, Me Not So Much


I finally got up the courage to go outside and face the madness of an entire city full of people unable to travel long distances. It wasn’t pretty.

There was immediate chaos in the streets as I exited my apartment.














People looting, carjacking, ANYTHING to get some sort of advantage in their commute.














There wasn’t a cab to be seen anywhere.














The police barricaded off roads that no one wanted to travel on anyway.














This man said he had no idea what to do with his onions now.














Garbage was piling up in the streets.














Mothers were left with nothing to do but meet their friends for lunch and go shopping . . .














Even the Boarshead guy couldn’t get through.














That’s when I knew I had seen enough. CALL AN END TO THE MADNESS TRANSIT WORKERS UNION! PEOPLE NEED THEIR COLDCUTS! Besides I’m running out of things on Tivo.

14 Comments:

Having a good time with the camera?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 PM  

What on earth is that guy going to do with his onions now? Such a travisty.

In other news, the street you live on is ADORABLE!

By Blogger undercover celebrity, at 4:25 PM  

That's so funny, I nearly peed myself.

By Blogger Trix, at 4:33 PM  

You NYer's are so spoiled!

We went for about a month and a half b-4 the head of MTA on this end, bowed down to the ALMIGHTY UNION! Which btw they are in Big million $$$$$ money trouble with the law a day I hear. I hope they stick it to the Damned Union!!! =p

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 PM  

I like how the Boarshead has a wreath on the front of it. It's a nice touch...those little details make all the difference.

By Blogger rawbean, at 9:44 PM  

This was the first thing I heard when I woke up this morning. Either (a) I need to change the station on my clock radio or (b) Chicago is trying to scare our transit workers by announcing every headache New York is experiencing.

It's probably (a).

By Blogger Silent All These Years, at 12:08 AM  

Great pix and very funny commentary. Nice site.

By Blogger Watermelon Man, at 12:48 AM  

Outstanding.

By Blogger The Letter D, at 9:57 AM  

Hilarious post. I love how on the Today show they are making this seem like armageddon. Katie Couric's saying in a spooky voice, "Next, we'll discuss how this might affect the rest of the country," and then Mayor Bloomberg comes on drinking coffee and saying it's no big deal.

By Blogger Hope, at 10:27 AM  

hilllllaaaaarious.
seriously. i say seriously because sometimes, when you're communicating with someone on the Internet, it's hard to read his/her tone. my tone was genuine, ok?

(nice meeting you at blogfukkah!)

By Blogger kristine, at 11:29 AM  

I'm glad you made it out of there alive! I could barely stand to look at those horrific images!

By Blogger Carolyn, at 11:57 AM  

I'm glad you're enjoying 99% of the city's misery with your little photo montage. Me, I'm having the best time walking from 89th and York to 42nd and 6th both ways in the freezing cold.

We are no longer friends.

By Blogger Libby Mae Brown, at 12:02 PM  

You're SUCH a kidder! Everyone knows you can't run out of things on TIVO!

By Blogger NewYorkMoments, at 4:13 AM  

There's a word for people like you.

I believe it's called unemployed.

By Anonymous Mad New Yorker, at 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home