The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Thursday, February 23

Sasha Cohen Goes For Gold


Good luck avoiding the results of the Women’s Figure Skating finals (taking place now) if you were planning on watching them on TV tonight. After Sasha Cohen’s impressive short-program performance, every website from Yahoo to crappy blogs like The Daily Dump are going to be following the results live via internet.

Here’s the schedule of women’s skaters:

Emily Hughes – 3:17 ET
Sasha Cohen – 4:13 ET
Kimmie Messner – 4:37 ET
Irina Slutskaya (current leader) – 4:45 ET

I wish there was a way to clone myself and then send “present day” Me back in time to, say, October of last year, and have “present day Me” walk up to “back then Me” at my desk at work while I was typing some blog post, and have “present day” Me say, “Guess what. A few months from now you’re going to list, on your blog, the starting times for the Olympic Women’s Figure Skating Finals,” and then watch “back then” Me laugh at “present day” Me and call him a douchebag.

8 Comments:

Wait, how did Slutskaya end up as the current leader? I thought it was Sasha Cohen after the short program? Or was there some interim arm wrestling competition they participated in that I missed?

By Blogger Hope, at 4:22 PM  

Right, yeah. I meant the leader in all things Russian, like stealing money from the government and forgetting to conjugate verbs in English.

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 4:32 PM  

I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying your olympic coverage. I haven't watched a lick of it on TV... your version is much more entertaining and cuts out all the commercials.

...though I do miss learning about CSI. :)

By Blogger undercover celebrity, at 4:52 PM  

I've been avoiding ESPN.com since 4pm and yet when I come to your blog I thought you had ruined it for me.

I'm gonna avoid the results until tonight when I start watching it on Tivo...WATCH ME!

By Blogger tall 1, at 5:06 PM  

Wouldn't it be nice if the future you talked with the Present you about how you are going to hook up with Sasha Cohen?

Or maybe that would interest your neighbor more!

By Blogger Bailey, at 5:48 PM  

you may be a douchebag, but to me you'll always be Captain McDouchey-Pants. A title that has been yanked from the grasp of my annoying coworker to you, not for being annoying, but because I admire you for openly admitting your douchiness and accepting the title that comes with it.
so hats off to ya, captain.

By Blogger birdie, at 7:52 PM  

Haha, Ms. "I'll Tumble for ya / Can't take the pressure" lost. LMAO

By Blogger Mainstream News Media Lies, at 9:19 PM  

Yeah I can't believe it was so easily all over the interent...sheesh...They didn't even hide the links by saying they contained results!

By Blogger Miss Scarlet, at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home