The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Tuesday, March 7

Calling All British Readers: Set Your TiVos

A family of quadrupeds has been discovered living in Turkey. That’s right, five brothers and sisters that can walk only using their arms and legs together.

The siblings, the subject of a new BBC documentary to be aired on March 17, suffer from a genetic abnormality that may prevent them from walking upright.


Instead, they use their palms like heels with their fingers sticking up from the ground.


The BBC said the documentary would contribute to fierce scientific debate and raised profound questions about what it is to be human.


You may not know this, but any time there is a whiff of “fierce scientific debate” and “profound questions about what it is to be human,” you can be sure The Daily Dump will throw its hat in the ring. Unfortunately, no word whether this documentary will hit BBC America in the near future, so in the meantime I’ll be forced to rely on any one of my two or three British contacts to send me a tape of this documentary.

Here is a link to a video of the quadrupeds, which may be entirely real and fascinating, or entirely made up and lame, but is, in any event, making my mom cringe and scream at the monitor “I need their address, where can I send them some hand sanitizer?”

I don’t know if I have to cite where I got these pictures from, but I saw a bibliography attached to the paper and immediately went into college mode. So if you want to read the intellectual tome, here’s the link. Warning: It’s a snooze.

15 Comments:

ooh - where would your mom get organic hand sanitizer?

By Blogger shirley, at 6:45 PM  

At my local store - Cornicopia.

By Blogger belligerent mother, at 7:14 PM  

Priceless moments in comedy, right here folks.

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 7:54 PM  

Leave it to the Brits to show crap like that on St Patricks Day

By Blogger The Voice of Frivolity, at 8:53 PM  

i saw this article today too, and felt bad after i had laughed because i thought it was a joke at first. now i don't feel so bad.

don't their backs and necks hurt? ouch.

By Blogger Sexy Lexi, at 9:01 PM  

That's the craziest thing I've seen all day. Man, I thought I had bad posture.

By Anonymous abigailroad, at 9:28 PM  

Wait, a whole family of crawlers? Are mom and dad both crawlers? Where did they meet? In a crawler chat room perhaps? Maybe there are crawler singles bars, like midget bars . . .

By Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, at 12:10 AM  

Reminds me of the family all over the news a couple years ago who all had to do everything with their feet because their hands didn't function. Be careful who you marry everyone. Be careful who you marry.

By Blogger Janet, at 1:03 AM  

There should always be scepticism... The man looks like he's striking a pose for a dance move.

By Blogger Kelly, at 9:01 AM  

Is it a genetic thing that they can't stand upright? Or is it just that they never learned from a young age to walk on two feet? Nature, or nurture? (Okay, I haven't followed either of your links... yet.)

By Blogger Dennis!, at 11:56 AM  

I'm a blogger in Blighty so am in the perfect position to watch this and report back. I've been trying to find out what channel it's on but my usual sources have proved unfruitful... Where's that original article from?

By Blogger rich, at 6:34 AM  

How can Rich (see blighty post) be in blighty and not know what channel the docu is on. Hello!!! BBC only have 4 channels that they could put this on and they are BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, or hey you'll never guess, BBC4. My bet is that it is either on BBC1 or BBC2 and since those channels are always on channel 1 or 2 or your TV, (unless you have telewest then it could be 101 or 102). I don't think you should have any problem finding the program on the 17th.

On another note those of us who are mad/sick enough to live in blighty don't have the luxury of TIVO. Tried to sell it here a number of years ago and it never caught on. The new equal to TIVO is Sky Plus, which I don't have.

Also add to the fact that you won't even be able to depend on the good old technology of the VCR. That is because the blighty use a different form of VHS called PAL and the probalbity is very high that your Yank VCR won't be able to read PAL tapes. Annoying or what?

Hope you all enjoyed this opportunity to learn a bit more of the sad country I now call home.

By Anonymous Beth, at 6:28 PM  

Hold on, TiVo didn't "catch on" in England? That's like sex not catching on at a strip club.

And the documentary is on the oh-so-cleverly named BBC2. If i can't get a digital recording, I'll have to settle for a four page, double spaced typed summary including works cited.

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 8:43 PM  

Ah, I missed the 'BBC' bit in the post. Admittedly that would have made things easier... I must learn not to try to do these things drunk at work

I feel I must give a mention to BBC Parliament (the name suggests just how thrilling this one is) and BBC News 24. Although they are not likely to show this particular documentary, I don't want them to feel left out in the cold. The Beeb threw the rule book out with their offerings to children though; CBBC and CBeebies! Imagine the exciting boardroom debate over those two...

I think it was the colourful animated video cassette with childish voice they used to advertise TIVO (along with people dressed up as said colourful video cassette with childish voices in every town centre handing out flyers) that stopped people signing up

By Blogger rich, at 6:49 AM  

I recently saw a group of Japanese Schoolgirls (i know, I can see the images too) bending like this to create wind in their anal passages to take turns farting in a guys face.

oh, those wacky schoolgirls>

If you are interested, the link to the video is on my site.

www.honeysmack.blogspot.com.

cheers

By Blogger Ms Smack, at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home