• I should make a clarification concerning yesterday’s post about The Girlfriend’s surgery – the procedure she had done (PRK) isn’t the usual procedure (LASIK). The majority of people who get laser eye surgery, like me for example, have LASIK, which is far less traumatic to the eye and causes about 90% less pain and discomfort than does PRK. So if anyone is thinking of getting laser eye surgery, if you qualify for LASIK totally go for it. It’s still gross as hell, but well worth it – best decision I ever made, even taking into account the time I got that rash checked out early before it got any worse. I’m sure it could have waited another week without spreading too much.
• Bad news for Matt Leblanc, who can’t seem to make a marriage or a punch line work anymore. But the weirdest part of the story was this line:
“LeBlanc, 38, and the former Melissa McKnight, in her late 30s or early 40s, wed in May 2003 in Hawaii.”
You mean to tell me no one knows how old Melissa McKnight is? It’s not like she was shipped here from an African tribe with no birth records. Apparently what passes for fact checking in the Yahoo! newsroom is passing around a picture and asking, “How old does this woman look to you?”
• I couldn’t be happier that we turn the clocks ahead tomorrow. It’s my second favorite day of the year, right behind my birthday and Christmas which are tied for first. They may as well rename this day “Everyone Get Happy” day because if that extra hour of sunlight doesn’t liven you up you’re probably the kind of person who doesn’t tear up when they move the bus on “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.” And I’m not OK with that.
• In my efforts to include more music talk here, I came across this collection of Ray LaMontagne bootlegs that is just fantastic. Listen to “She’s Your Girl,” then come back here and thank me. I swear I would make love to this guy’s voice if it were a woman. Even if it was a guy I would probably go to third base.
• It is absolutely unsurprising that so many of my readers enjoy the benefits of prescription painkillers. It’s just further proof that I love you all, even Janet who made it a point to comment that she had never taken any. It’s OK Janet, you’re one impacted wisdom tooth away. And we’ll all be here when that time comes. Especially The Girlfriend, who can sniff out Percocet like a DEA dog.
• I was at a theater party last night for the show Well, which I’ve been pimping in the sidebar for weeks because my good friend John works for the company that produced the show. Last night was opening night and the reviews were positively stellar, meaning that the after-party was over-the-top with excited theater types (boring), executives (boring) and Joan Allen (ding ding ding!) I only caught a drunken glimpse of her from afar (read: stalked her), but from what I can tell she is surely in the running for “most attractive actress aged 50 or over” (she actually turns 50 in August). Although I don’t see her overtaking Rene Russo anytime soon; unless, of course, Rene stops with the surgeries. Then all bets are off.