The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Monday, April 3

Don’t Worry, She’s A Profesional


Maybe losing that hour of sleep has more of an effect that I originally calculated because I feel as dumb as a rock today. Clearly my mind is revolting against the accelerated pace of the day, and my body isn’t taking it well either since, as far as it’s concerned, I just ate a hamburger at 11:15 in the morning.

At least I’m not alone though: I took The Girlfriend’s taxes to her apartment to be signed the other day and when she noticed the line designated “your occupation” she asked, “What did you put down?”

Me: “I just put legal assistant.”

TG: “I don’t want to put legal assistant. I’m going to put professional.”

(starts writing)

TG: “Wait, how do you spell professional?”

13 Comments:

obviously one cannot comment here and risk offending TG. perhaps it was just a one-time spelling snafu? we won't judge.

By Blogger birdie, at 2:51 PM  

Hahaha.

I was so proud of myself this year. I did mine and my boyfriend's all by myself!! Well, the online thing did but I inserted the numbers.
Usually I have to have someone else do them.

By Blogger Laurie (aka buggy), at 2:57 PM  

Yeah, just a one-time snafu. Like a once-a-week time snafu.

And don't for a second think that I do TG's taxes because I'm a good boyfriend. I do them because as payment I get a lavish dinner and a roll in the hay. This year I'm asking for two rolls though. She itemized for Christ's sake!

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 3:04 PM  

Request denied!

By Blogger T.G., at 3:06 PM  

This is just how she negotiates. So cute!

By Blogger the belligerent intellectual, at 3:14 PM  

This reminds me of when Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky were doing their taxes.

By Blogger [Disgrundled], at 3:25 PM  

I very much enjoy the addition of the picture, Scott.

By Blogger Libby Mae Brown, at 4:13 PM  

OMG too funny.

Don't lie. You did hers because you love her and want to take care of things.

:*)

By Blogger Laurie (aka buggy), at 5:03 PM  

disgrundled - omg
do u somehow know my obsession with Full House?

By Blogger Laurie (aka buggy), at 5:05 PM  

No sleep either... but instead of a hamburger I had spagetti at 11:20. It's Monday!

Tell TG that she made me smile.

By Blogger Janet, at 5:28 PM  

Sadly this sounds like something I might say. I just told a guy the other day that if we took such and such flight together we could join the 1000 mile club.

Brilliant.

By Blogger ocg, at 5:59 PM  

Gosh Dan, you sure know how to pick 'em.

By Blogger White Dade, at 8:52 PM  

My boyfriend asked me how to spell "prefer" last night. I tried to make him feel better about his stupidity by pretending I didn't know how to spell it either. That's the kind of relationship we have, encouraging each other's ignorance. You should try it some time.

By Blogger Hope, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home