The Daily Dump

A place where everyone (me) is welcomed to express their opinions openly and honestly. I encourage free thinking, free wheeling, off-the-cuff banter and monetary donations.

Friday, July 7

Montreal Vignette Numéro Quatre
That Fucking Clown


Scene: The Girlfriend and I are standing on a patch of grass in the middle of Place-des-Arts at the Jazz Festival. Suddenly there comes stumbling by a clown on roller skates. It is the second day we have sat at this spot at the festival, and the second time we have seen this very same clown. Jazz music plays in the background.

Me: “I hate this clown.”

The girlfriend: “I hate him too.”

(John comes over bringing cups of Molson Dry – the official beer sponsor of the Montreal Jazz Festival – with it’s distinctive smooth finish.)

John: “What’s going on?”

Me: “Just saying how we hate this clown.”

John: “I can’t stand him.”

(Scott comes over, not wearing a shirt.)

Scott: “I fucking hate this clown.”

The Girlfriend: “Us too.”

(We sip our beers, turning our backs on the clown, not laughing, but happy.)

End.

9 Comments:

jpIf you ever watch the comedy festival on tv, or Yuk-Yuk's, they have skits just like the clown. It's all equally unfunny.

But I love me my Molson beer. Maybe not Molson dry, but many other varieties. Vive la Québec!

By Blogger Kelly, at 11:25 AM  

clowns(with or without crutches and roller skates) = not funny.

By Blogger Leezer, at 11:49 AM  

Never liked a GD clown.they're anti-funny and usually grotesque.
Attention whores all of 'em.

By Blogger JP, at 12:53 PM  

I feel like I was there.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 PM  

you were

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 PM  

I hate clowns. Never liked the circus, never saw the attraction to them in general, and feel rather sorry for the people that actually enjoy their form of "entertainment". Clowns suck.

By Blogger Faith, at 2:53 PM  

Nothing worse than a clown

By Blogger HelloBettyLou, at 3:04 PM  

Clowns creep me out. They are so sad in a pedophile sort of way. But mimes are the worst. With their smugness that comes from a lack of vocabulary. I hate that little Penn and Teller creep. What's up with those guys? They are so not funny and making millions???

By Anonymous sam, at 3:16 PM  

Clowns scare the bejeesus out of me.

I wouldn't have laughed either.

By Blogger FlippingChipmunk, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home